The College Librarian will be responsible for the administration and operation of the College Library and networks, and for the selection, storage, retrieval, interpretation and dissemination of the library materials, (print and electronic), in support of the College’s academic programs, and in response to research and study needs of the College community, students and staff.
Report directly to the Principal, the incumbent will have responsibility to:
• Develop policies, services and resources to meet the immediate and long-range goals of the College in general and Library in particular.
• Select materials in all forms (books, periodicals, electronic and microphones) for the Library in consultation with Lecturers as appropriate.
• Purchase materials for the development of the Library stock of information
• Interpret the Library collection to its users through orientation seasons, displays, exhibits, booklist, circulation and reference services.
• Catalogue and classify the materials and ensuring that the integrity of these systems are maintained.
• Develop and maintain the records and indexes needed for the maximum utilization of the Library collection.
• Establish and implement the departmental policies, goals, objectives, procedure and conferring with the Principal staff and students as necessary in the establishing of such policies.
• Prepare annual budget for supplies and equipment for the Library and furnishing the Principal/Financial Director, at the dates prescribe, and in the manner prescribed with necessary budgetary information.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of equipment and supplies in the department.
• Minimum of five years in a school /college library
• Minimum of three years in a supervisory or management position