THE MONEAGUE COLLEGE
The Moneague College is one of the premiere tertiary institutions in Jamaica. It is multi-disciplinary by nature and places emphasis on excellence in the delivery of its products. We wish to invite highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following positions with effect from (July 1, 2020).
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resource Manager is the chief human resources officer responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of personnel services in accordance with the legal and regulatory framework, institutional goals, policies and professional standards. The incumbent is required to provide strategic leadership and direction to all facets of human resource management as it pertains to faculty and staff across the College community. The Human Manager coordinates personnel activities such as recruitment, placement and
empowerment of employees, classification and salary administration, interpretation of personnel policies and employee/Labor relations. The Human Resource Manager reports to the Principal and advises him on all matters related to the strategic delivery of personnel functions
• Articulate a clear vison for the Department of Human Resources
• Create and implement an annual departmental operational plan aligned to the College’s Strategic Development Plan
• Implement policies and procedure of the parent Ministry as directed by the Board through the Principal
• Develop and maintain records/data systems for evidence-based decision-making.
• Conduct an annual performance review of department and team members against pre-determined targets.
• Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team and other committees as requested.
• Report on the issues, successes, challenges, decisions taken and initiatives employed by the department so as to ensure operational efficiency and goal attainment.
• Develop and implement, monitor and evaluate appropriate policies and procedures relevant to the work of the department.
• Supervise and inspect the outputs of all team members that comprise the department
• Supervise and inspect the outputs of all team members that comprise the department.
• Assist in preparation of the College calendar.
• Represent the College where appropriate
• Demonstrate thorough-knowledge of emerging trend in HRM
• Knowledge of the policy and regulatory framework that guides HR services
• Strong leadership skills and a vision for the Department
• A pro-active, energetic and enthusiastic outlook, strong sense of fairness and justice, a sense of humor and open friendly demeanor
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple task in a complex environment
• Demonstrate strong conflict management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Sound knowledge of data and records management
• Competence in the use of computers and Management Information Systems with related software applications.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not re-apply