Purpose of Job
The Chief Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and monitoring the operations of the Internal Audit Unit. The officer is responsible for reviewing and assessing the ECC’s processes, internal controls and practices as well as related procedures to ensure compliance with relevant statutes and guidelines.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Determines the Annual Audit Plan based on risk assessment.
• Participates in the organisation’s strategic planning process; prepares and monitors the Internal Audit unit’s operational plan and budget to ensure that the work of the unit is carried out effectively and that agreed targets are achieved.
• Provides guidance/advice to the Commissioners on audit matters and control and governance processes.
• Writes audit reports stating deficiencies and implications; makes recommendations and submits them to the Audit
• Committee of the Board of Commissioners.
• Reviews audit reports from External Auditors and provides advice to the Chairman and Commissioners regarding implications.
• Develops, reviews and revises the organisation’s audit policies and procedures in accordance with international and local auditing standards as well as emerging best practices.
Must possess a valid driver’s licence and reliable motor vehicle
Remuneration: Salary Scale $2,888,345.00 – $3,433,335.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Additional details are available on the ECC website at www.ecc.gov.jm
We thank all applicants; however, only persons who are shortlisted will be contacted.